Wednesday 5 April 2017

Standing for election in St Enoder division


The nominations for the elections to Cornwall Council have been published today and can be found at: Candidates for Cornwall Council

My nomination to defend the division of St Enoder has been accepted and I will soon be out delivering my main election address.

There are a total of three candidates for the St Enoder seat. As well as myself, there is a Conservative candidate (from Mevagissey) and a Liberal Democrat candidate (from Bodmin).

In addition, I can confirm that there have been a total of 14 nominations for the 14 seats on St Enoder Parish Council. Everyone who was nominated has therefore been elected unopposed and there will be no parish election.

1 comment:

Diggerb said...

How does that work? Cant see how that is Democratic...Self elected Parish Councillors no wonder some of them are in office year after year after year..