Friday 19 June 2015

Chairman of Planning PAC

On Wednesday, I was re-elected Chairman of the Planning Policy Advisory Committee and I would like to thank my fellow councillors for putting their trust in me once again.

At the meeting, we addressed a range of issues which included the Council’s reaction to the Inspector’s report into the Cornwall Local Plan. There was a consensus that the Council had no alternative other than to agree to the suspension of the Public Examination and to do more work in those areas identified by the Inspector. There is significant work to do to address his comments and see what we might be able to challenge or question.

A timetable is being drawn up for the revisions and how they will be presented to councillors and the general public.

More news to follow when I have it.

No comments: