Saturday 25 April 2015

School hustings … great hope for the future

One of the great highlights of the General Election campaign for me has been the two hustings at local secondary schools. I have already written about the event at Brannel School and, this week, attended a similar event at Penrice Academy on Thursday.

It was really enjoyable, the students were a real credit to the School and I was delighted when a vote was taken at the end of the debate. According to the “returning officer” (the headteacher), I was the winner – as at Brannel.

It does give me great encouragement for the future and I hope that many of their parents will follow their example on May 7th.

I would also like to say good luck to Connor Bolt (below), who is standing in the actual school election for Mebyon Kernow.

No comments: