Thursday 15 March 2012

Well done to Leanne Wood

I would like to extend my congratulations to Leanne Wood following her election as the new leader of Plaid Cymru.

Leanne is a powerful politician of principle, her leadership campaign was truly inspiring and I am excited about how she will lead Plaid in the coming months and years.

I am confident that Plaid will deliver significant gains in the forthcoming local elections under her stewardship, and Plaid will then go from strength to strength.

Speaking for myself, I am proud that I have been a member of Plaid Cymru for over twenty years, although it seems such a long time since I was a student in Lampeter and serving as the secretary of the university branch.

Plaid have been great friends to Mebyon Kernow and many leading members have spoken at MK events in recent years including Cllr Gareth Butler, Cynog Dafis MP, Janet Davies AM, Jonathan Edwards MP, Dafydd Iwan, Steffan Lewis, Cllr John Taylor, Simon Thomas MP, Dafydd Williams and the late Dr Phil Williams AM.

Such support is much appreciated and I am sure this will continue with Leanne as leader.

No comments: