Monday 12 April 2010

Week one of the campaign

What a week. There has been some rest but it was also about multi-tasking. I had a restful Tuesday (6th April). It was my birthday and my wife forced me to take a day’s rest. We went out and explored Kit Hill.

But as well as trying to organise our General Election campaign, I had to focus on my day-job as a councillor. This included two meetings about housing and, in particular, the ongoing work to produce the first Cornwall-wide DPD (Development Plan Document) on affordable housing. The second meeting was a presentation to the members of the East Sub-Area Planning Committee. The Public Inquiry at Fraddon continues and I attended the 13th day on Friday.

Of course, we did get out on the campaign trail. On Saturday and Sunday, we were out leafleting in places such as Lanjeth, High Street, Coombe, Sticker, Grampound, Polgooth and Charlestown, as well as parts of Newquay.

No comments: